E00669 – Junior Human Resources Generalist
Position Overview: Supports the assigned business unit or field facility by promoting, communicating, and implementing human resources strategies and initiatives. Builds and maintains relationships by being a strategic partner with management and an employee advocate. Under the supervision of the Regional Director -HR Services, provides guidance on employment laws and regulations, coordinates performance management, and resolves employee relations issues. Act as expert on human resources policies and procedures such as payroll, benefits, compensation, employee development, and recruiting, LOA, employee engagement and retention
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists with the preparation and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Under the guidance of the Regional Director-HR Services, participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Provides guidance and advise to the facility management on the performance evaluation process and any underperformance related employee issues .
- Under the guidance of the Regional Director- HR Services, provides guidance and actively participates in the decision-making process for all employee relation issues and investigations
- Participates in facility Senior Management meetings, QAPI, Safety Committee, Town Hall Meetings and any other administrative staff meetings.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- Supports and provides guidance to the HR Assistant on background checks and employee on-boarding and orientation
- Provides guidance and support to the HR Assistant in employee files creation and maintenance to ensure compliance; conducts monthly employee file audits
- Ensures compliance with 90-day evaluations and provides support to the managers on all related questions under the guidance of the Regional Director-HR Services
- Acts as the ambassador of employee engagement and retention; analyzes turnover data and conducts exit interviews
- Extracts all necessary HR Data Analytics and conducts presentations on a monthly basis to facility Senior Management and Regional Director-HR Services and participates in planning, designing and implementing improvement plans to increase retention and employee satisfaction
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department such as the HR Assistant.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources of related field
- 1-2 years’ experience working in the HR field
- SHRM certified professional or other HR field certification preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS and payroll databases
Communication: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences.
HR Expertise: Understands all aspects of the practice of human resources to help determine which questions need answering and the ability to respond to those questions.
Integrity: Upholds personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of RCA and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
Achievement Motivation: Sets high standards and objectives
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected