Position Overview: The Director of Facilities manages the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities for all RCA facilities and ancillary companies. The position makes final decisions on plans, budgets, and scheduled facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor materials and other related costs. Manages the facilities staff at each RCA location.
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services, and facility expansion through the facilities staff.
- Develops and administers budgets and schedules facility modifications, including cost estimates to ensure adherence to the annual budget.
- Ensures that planned maintenance programs for a variety of office equipment are completed in a timely fashion.
- Meets with top level vendors, negotiates contracts, and ensures completion of projects.
- Through onsite managers, the Director:
o Manages the receiving function, including the food service receiving function.
o Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC, sprinkler systems, backflows, alarm systems, fire panel, office equipment, and all other facility operational items for a successful day to day operation of the facility.
o Oversees facility security and the parking area.
o Oversees the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
o Supervises various contracting crews, including housekeeping, dietary, and building maintenance
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 10 years’ of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field, five of which were holding a supervisory position directing a multifunctional maintenance staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and "can do" attitude required.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
Leads and Engages Staff: Articulates a vision that inspires others. Attracts, develops and retains talent.
Work Environment: This job operates in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: No travel is expected of this position.