Recovery Centers of America at Danvers
WE ARE EXPANDING OUR TEAM!
*RCA is currently expanding its Danvers facility with the opening up 2 new units!*
Position Overview: The Recovery Counselor provides support to enhance the quality of patient care by working directly with the patients in a treatment setting and collaboratively as a member of the program’s multi-disciplinary team. He/She is responsible for collaborating with the CSS clinical team with direct clinical patient care by providing support and guidance to patient to promote engagement and continuity of care. Working in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, she/he will help provide a safe and therapeutic treatment experience for the patients served.
- Provides direct support to patients by providing 1-to-1 support sessions and/or facilitates groups as scheduled/assigned
- Engages patients by conducting recovery-oriented activities as scheduled
- Supports the community to intervene with treatment engagement works to de-escalate treatment barriers
- Facilitates patient engagement and re-engagement sessions as needed
- Provides direct support to patients to help encourage, engage, plan, and complete continuity of care plans while collaborating with patient’s treatment team
- Supports the clinical/case management team as directed by the Clinical Supervisor
- Appropriately documents all patient interaction into the record for continuity of care
- Assists in providing support in family education as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:<ins datetime="2018-04-23T14:30"></ins>
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in behavioral health science preferred; LADC or CADC certification is highly preferred
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1 year experience in the field of substance use treatment or closely related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manger that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected