Staff Scheduling Specialist
WE ARE EXPANDING OUR TEAM!
*RCA is currently expanding its Danvers facility with the opening up 2 new units!*
Position Overview: The Staff Scheduling Specialist is the key personnel responsible for creating and managing the work schedules for all non-exempt employees. Working in conjunction with department directors and managers, the Staff scheduling Specialist will ensure all departments are properly staffed daily within all budget guidelines.
Work schedule will be variable days and hours.
* Primary departments of responsibility are Recovery Support Specialists and Nursing, but scheduling responsibilities will include additional departments.
* Train as a Recovery Support Specialist and availability to fill in shifts when needed.
* Create and maintain all non-exempt employee schedules in Shift Hound.
* Work with individual team members and leadership to schedule and cover PTO requests.
* Work with leadership and supervisors to fill any short notice "call outs."
* Manage the PRN and part time employee pool to ensure that overtime pay is held to a minimum and within budget guidelines.
* Work with leadership to adjust staffing levels with any variation in patient census.
* Assist with quality assurance, training and other projects as needed and available.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
* 6 months experience in a health/human service-related field is required
* High School Diploma required
* Supervisory experience in a health/human service-related field is preferred
* Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
* Experience with computerized scheduling software is preferred.
* Requires strong computer and internet research skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a supervisor that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Technical Proficiency: Applies the technical knowledge and skills required in order to achieve the expected outputs.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time actively working with patients and alumni.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected